New student enrollment for the 2022-23 school year now open!
New students entering grades K-8, including new siblings of current WSD students, must submit the Intent to Enroll application to be considered for the 2022-23 school year.
“Teachers engage with their students and really get to know them. And the kids know their teachers–and like them!”
-Heidi, Lower School Parent
- Review the Admissions Policy
The Board of Directors of Weilenmann School of Discovery has established this policy to provide for admission and enrollment at WSD in compliance with Utah Code 53A-1a506.5, relating to applications and deadlines for admission to charter schools.
- Schedule a School Tour (optional)
- Submit an Intent to Enroll Application
Submitting this form starts the admissions process by stating your intent to enroll at WSD, and places you in the applicant pool for upcoming lotteries.
- The Lottery Process
If the size of the applicant pool exceeds the capacity of a grade level during the enrollment period, a lottery will be held. Parents are notified within 48 hours of a battery date of acceptance.
In compliance with Utah Code 53A-1a506, WSD first enrolls its existing students for the following school year and secondarily WSD’s lottery selects students at random throughout the lottery season with preference at each lottery given only to those groups described below.
-Children or grandchildren of board members
-Children of teachers and staff employed at the school
-Siblings of pupils who are actively enrolled WSD students at the time of enrollment of the sibling
– Other dates TBD
- Once accepted, submit enrollment forms.
Applicants who have been accepted through the lottery must submit all State and school-required enrollment forms in accordance with posted instructions and deadlines in order to maintain their placement status. Students who do not submit required enrollment forms by the indicated deadline will be removed from the application pool.
Admission is not limited based upon ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, income level, disabling condition, proficiency in the English language, or other categories as listed in WSD’s Nondiscrimination Statement. There are no tuitions or fees charged for attending WSD, except those allowed by law.
WSD does not admit students after October 1st of each school year except under special circumstances, including the health and safety of a child, and only if there is space in a section.
WSD plans to enroll up to 585 students for the 2022-23 school year.
Transfers and Withdrawals
State Code 53A Subsection (2)(a) prevents a parent of a student who is enrolled in a charter school or who has accepted an offer of admission to a charter school from duplicating enrollment for the student in another charter school or a school district without following the withdrawal procedures described in Subsection (3) as listed below:
- The parent of a student enrolled in a charter school may withdraw the student from the charter school for enrollment in another charter school or a school district by submitting to the charter school:
- (a) On or before June 30, a notice of intent to enroll the student in the student’s school of residence for the following school year;
- (b) After June 30, a letter of acceptance for enrollment in the student’s school district of residence for the following school year;
- (c) A letter of acceptance for enrollment in the student’s school district of residence in the current school year;
- (d) A letter of acceptance for enrollment in a nonresident school district; or,
- (e) A letter of acceptance for enrollment in a charter school.
Unless provisions have previously been made for a student’s enrollment in another school, WSD is required to notify the school district of residence immediately upon releasing a student from enrollment at WSD during a school year.