skip to Main Content
Menu

Make a gift every year, make a difference every day!

The Annual Fund benefits everyone at WSD, every day. We hope that each year, our community — including parents, teachers and staff, grandparents and friends of the school — will contribute to the Annual Fund. Whether you give $5 or $5,000, we cannot achieve our goal of 100% participation without you. Our Annual Fund participation rate is important — it is often used to measure the value our community places on educating their children, and motivates other individuals, foundations and corporations to give additional support to the school.

Consisting of gifts and donations, the Annual Fund is the heart of the School’s philanthropic community, as it supports each year’s operating budget (which runs July 1 through June 30). While we ask families to donate $500 per student per year to the school, we appreciate every level and type of support.

Why does WSD need an Annual Fund?

As in most public charter schools, donations are important because government funding covers approximately 80 percent of the school’s operating costs. The Annual Fund and other fundraisers help cover the remaining 20 percent.

Utah is ranked 50th in the nation in student funding at $6,212 per student. Utah Charter Schools rank even lower at approximately $5, 500 per student.

Your gift supports the people and programs that make WSD so special — talented teachers, small classes, teaching tools, technology innovations, and exceptional offerings in everything from arts to outdoors.

Who is Asked to Participate?

Everyone in the WSD community – parents, grandparents, board members, faculty, staff, friends and alumni parents – is asked to make a gift. Each and every gift provides vital support for the current year’s programs and helps champion our teachers and students in the mission of WSD. Participation is also critical to winning grants. It shows that our WSD community is involved and committed to our students. Your gift is tax-deductible.

How Will My Gift Make a Difference?

Some people think that unless they can participate at a “major” gift level, it is not worth contributing to The Annual Fund. This is a common misperception. Regardless of size, all gifts to The Annual Fund make a difference. Each year our small WSD community relies on the ongoing support of all alumni, parents, and friends at all giving levels.

Giving Levels

  • Summit Circle $10,000 and more
  • Gold $5000 to $9999
  • Silver $3000 to $4999
  • Bronze $1000 to $2999
  • Friend $500 to $999

Annual Fund 2016-17

Participation 2016-17

How Do I Donate to the Annual Fund?

  • Mail: Send your donation or pledge information to WSD, 4199 Kilby Road, Park City, UT 84098.
  • Credit Card by Phone: Call the Front Office at 435.575.5411 ext. 0 to make a contribution by credit card.
  • In Person: Visit us in the Front Office at school to make your gift in person.
  • Pledge: You may pledge a gift to the Annual Fund and make installment payments arranged with the Front Office to be paid in full by June 15, 2015.
  • Online:

Credit cards

How Do I Initiate a Matching Gift from My Company?

As part of its employee benefits, many corporations match their staff’s charitable contributions. Matching gifts might allow you to double or triple your gift to the school because the corporate matching gift is counted toward your total giving.

For any questions about initiating this program, please contact WSD’s Business Manager, Kevrine Wells at 435-575.5411 ext. 111.