“As a professional educator, I have always felt respected, valued and trusted by both administration and parents, and that is priceless.”
Weilenmann School of Discovery is a place where people make all the difference. Each day, we come ready to do our best work and to impact the lives and education of our students. When you join the team at WSD, you join a positive work environment, a close and supportive community, and an atmosphere of continued learning and growth.
Skills and experience are recognized at WSD and compensated competitively. Benefits for full-time employees include health, dental, vision, and a 403(b) with matching funds.
WSD is seeking a self-motivated, dynamic, highly capable individual with proven educational and leadership skills to serve as its Executive Director on a full-time basis starting school year 2020-2021.
Qualifications for this position include those listed below. For a full list of qualifications and responsibilities, please see the Executive Director Position Description.
- Alignment with WSD’s mission and strong management experience with a record of success in teaching, administration, strategic implementation, and school leadership
- Familiarity and experience with a collaborative administrative and distributed leadership model
- An advanced degree in an academic field of study or in education from an accredited university (PhD or MA)
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a high-level administrator with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in direct classroom teaching
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal laws applicable to public charter schools
- Previous experience within a charter school environment (preferred)
The position will remain open until filled. Application review will begin as applications are received and will continue through July 2019.
Substitute Teachers will be compensated as follows:
- With a current Utah teaching certificate: $120 per full day (4 hours or more), $70 per half day (less than 4 hours).
- Without a current Utah teaching certificate: $105 per full day, $55 per half day.
- Substituting for a paraprofessional or aide: $90 per full day, $45 per half day, $12/hour additional for more than 4 and less than 7 hours.
Long-Term substitute teachers are those who have taught for 15 consecutive days in the same assignment. After 15 consecutive days, a long-term substitute teacher will be compensated as follows:
- With a current Utah teacher certificate: $135 per day.
- Without a current Utah teaching certificate: $120 per day.