“As a professional educator, I have always felt respected, valued and trusted by both administration and parents, and that is priceless.”
Weilenmann School of Discovery is a place where people make all the difference. Each day, we come ready to do our best work and to impact the lives and education of our students. When you join the team at WSD, you join a positive work environment, a close and supportive community, and an atmosphere of continued learning and growth.
Skills and experience are recognized at WSD and compensated competitively. Benefits for full-time employees include health, dental, vision, and a 403(b) with matching funds.
Special Education Aide
WSD is seeking a full time Special Education Aide for the 2019-20 school year. Responsibilities include working one-on-one with a student who has physical disabilities. The position is benefits eligible, includes training, and is 35-40 hours per week, $15 / hour. Applicants should be ultra-reliable, enjoy working with children of all abilities, and be able to work professionally with parents, students and colleagues. Experience as a paraeducator or special education aide is preferred. Background check and references are required.
Substitute Teachers will be compensated as follows:
- With a current Utah teaching certificate: $120 per full day (4 hours or more), $70 per half day (less than 4 hours).
- Without a current Utah teaching certificate: $105 per full day, $55 per half day.
- Substituting for a paraprofessional or aide: $90 per full day, $45 per half day, $12/hour additional for more than 4 and less than 7 hours.
Long-Term substitute teachers are those who have taught for 15 consecutive days in the same assignment. After 15 consecutive days, a long-term substitute teacher will be compensated as follows:
- With a current Utah teacher certificate: $135 per day.
- Without a current Utah teaching certificate: $120 per day.