On a recent Teacher Professional Development Day, WSD staff members gathered in the school's cafeteria…
2. 2020 Executive Director Transition Committee
The WSD Board of Directors has asked me to serve as Chair of the Executive Director Transition Committee. In that role, I have gathered administrators, consultants, current and former board members, parents, teachers, and experienced leaders from other institutions to serve on the Committee as we prepare for the anticipated change in leadership beginning school year 2020-21. Please see below the list of Committee members as well as a Committee timeline:
Vicky Fitlow, Board Member and past-Chair of WSD Board of Directors
Julie Adamic, Principal, John Hancock Charter School
Mark Blundell, Former WSD Parent, Former WSD Board Chair
Jeff Cohen, WSD Middle School Teacher
Peter Leeman, WSD Director of Instructional Technology
Devin Maxwell, Chair, WSD Board of Directors
Kat Mitchell, WSD Lower School Director
Duke Mossman, Executive Director, Northern Utah Educational Services
Cynthia Phillips, Executive Director, WSD
Matt Seppanen, WSD Parent
Amy Trombetti, WSD Special Education Director, CEO of SPEDCO
Christie Vanderhoof, WSD Lower School Teacher
Transition Committee Timeline
- During May 2019, the Transition Committee will hold meetings with key stakeholders to receive input regarding the criteria and qualifications required of candidates for Executive Director. At the end of May, the Committee will officially open the search and publish the job listing.
- June through August 2019, the Committee will evaluate potential candidates and determine the number, method, and timing of candidate interviews.
- In September 2019, the Committee will select finalist candidates and announce them to the WSD community. The Board of Directors will interview selected candidates.
- In October 2019, the Board of Directors will make its selection of a new Executive Director for the 2020-2021 school year and negotiate a contract. The Board of Directors will announce the new Executive Director to the WSD community.
- The Transition Committee will be dissolved once the new Executive Director has been announced.
- From November 2019 through June 2020, the new Executive Director will meet regularly with various key stakeholders to support an orderly transition. The new Executive Director will begin work officially on July 1, 2020.
During this process, the Transition Committee will be inclusive and transparent with WSD’s community stakeholders. We have collaborated on our leadership transition plan and have the full support of the WSD Board of Directors and WSD Administration in effecting a smooth and successful leadership change.
Thank you for your ongoing support. Please contact me with any questions.
Vicky Fitlow, Chair of Executive Director Transition Committee,
WSD Board of Directors Vice Chair, and Chair of Legal Affairs